Bookmark and ShareShare
Monday, March 24, 2014

36 Companies That Set the Standard for Workplace Excellence

By Ed O’Boyle, Global Practice Leader, and Jim Harter, Ph.D., Chief Scientist of Workplace Management and Well-Being

Gallup research shows that globally, just 13% of employees are engaged in their jobs -- that is to say, they are emotionally invested in, and focused on, creating value for their organizations every day. While the remaining 87% are classified as either not engaged and indifferent, or even worse, actively disengaged and potentially hostile to their organizations. In short, truly engaged workplaces are rare.

Gallup is pleased to honor 36 leading organizations that are recipients of our annual Gallup Great Workplace Award. These organizations average a ratio of 9 engaged employees to 1 actively disengaged employee, which is more than five times the ratio in the U.S. and more than 16 times the ratio for workforces globally.

Leaders of these organizations understand that employee engagement drives real business outcomes and have mastered how to engage their workforces. Each award recipient has linked engagement to business outcomes and integrated engagement into four key areas: Strategy and Leadership, Accountability and Performance, Communication and Knowledge Management, and Development and Ongoing Learning.

These organizations set a high standard for what is possible for the world’s employees, regardless of the economy or culture they operate in. The winners for this year are headquartered in a wide range of countries including the U.S., United Arab Emirates, Singapore, India, and Thailand.

Here is the list of our 2014 Gallup Great Workplace Award Winners:

  • ABC Supply Co., Inc.
  • Adena Health System
  • Adventist Health System
  • Al-Futtaim Automotive Group
  • ANN INC
  • Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited
  • Bio Ritmo
  • Bon Secours Health System
  • CarMax
  • Charles Schwab
  • Commonwealth Health Corporation
  • Compassion International
  • DBS Bank
  • DTE Energy
  • Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company - du
  • Hawai'i Pacific Health
  • Healthways, Inc.
  • Hendrick Health System
  • Hyatt Hotels Corporation
  • Indus Towers
  • Krungsri Group
  • Lakeland Regional Medical Center
  • LS travel retail, North America
  • Mars, Inc.
  • Mashreq
  • MemorialCare Health System
  • Millard Public Schools
  • Nationwide Insurance
  • PNC
  • Self Regional Healthcare
  • Stryker
  • The Indian Hotels Company Limited
  • Transitions Optical, Inc.
  • USAA
  • Wells Fargo
  • Winegardner & Hammons, Inc.
Every business leader worldwide has a responsibility to raise the bar and truly embrace strategies for engagement, as the leaders and organizations awarded today have. This significant step is not only key to improving business outcomes, but is also vital to achieving sustainable growth for companies, communities, and countries -- and for getting the global economy back on track toward a more prosperous future.

The Gallup Great Workplace Award winners will be honored at the Gallup Spring Summit (May 13-15, 2014), an annual retreat to examine the critical issues affecting the global workplace. This year’s summit will focus on the most important decision leaders make -- who they name manager.

For more information or to register for the Gallup Spring Summit, please visit the summit website or contact krista_volzke@gallup.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated by Gallup and may not appear on this blog until they have been reviewed and deemed appropriate for posting.

Copyright © 2010 Gallup, Inc. All rights reserved. | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement